Sunday 9 January 2011

Glovepdate

My exam is in three days and I'm finding it INCREDIBLY hard to focus. I spent about six hours last night knitting, and have done quite well with this lace-weight yarn. My biggest problem has been tension - it is going to be misshapen at the arm-hole end, because it was a lot more loose when I started. I don't really know how to correct this - I think it's my method of casting on. I will check out some YouTube videos and try sort it out for the next one.

Right side of the first glove.
I also dropped a stitch which I then picked up over about five centimetres of knitting, messing up the rib pattern and just generally making a mess. I don't think anybody except me will be able to see it, but I'm a perfectionist, what can I say?

Close-up of the section that I messed up really badly.
The gloves have a companion scarf from "Beautiful Knits for Heads, Hands and Toes", and I ordered the beads required last night. I actually have the yarn in green and red as well, so I ordered beads in those colours as well, in case I decide to make that scarf. I'm not sure I will, but you can never have enough beads, right? They should arrive on Wednesday (I've ordered SIX HUNDRED! Thank God for Ebay and cheap resources), just in time for the end of this batch of revision. Yay!

Tom's mum gave me a new Edward Monkton coaster for Christmas (The POWER of CAKE) and it insinuates that I'm mad. I'm not mad. Really.
My (rather small) collection of Edward Monkton coasters
I can't figure out this Blogger template. I hate the one I have at the moment, but I don't think anybody is reading this, so it doesn't matter so much. I will work it out at some point post-exam. John is coming round on Tuesday to make dinner pre-exam, and we are going out for drinky-poos on Wednesday. I also start a piano-and-maths tutoring thing tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment